Skip to main content

Balance

Hello All,

Being a father of three, it can sometimes be difficult to juggle work and fatherhood. On one hand, I am chasing my dreams in order to provide more opportunities for my little ones and show them that they can chase their dreams. On the other hand, I have to make time for their activities and also time for them to interact with me.

Since I work at home, primarily on creating books, blogs, websites, and social media presence it is hard for my kids to understand my work. They think I'm playing, this cause issues with boundaries on my time. My girls are often frustrated when they bother me when I am in the zone, and I become angry because they interrupt me. They also constantly ask what did for the day. They are use to seeing me along with the rest society go to a place to work, not play all day at home.

I have to constantly regulate my emotions to deal with the interuptions that sometimes destroy my flow. I have to designate quality time for my little ones to give them the attention they require. I also need to designate time for no-interruptions or get up at 2am or 3am in the morning to remain focused so the kids won't bother me.

Perhaps, the most important lesson from this is to remember why I am chasing my dreams in the first place. I want to be happy and to show them how they can create a life for themselves to maximize their happiness. If I don't set aside some quality time for them, my goals are worthless.

In the end, my kids don't want much of my time they get bored of me after an hour. I keep reminding myself that time is the most precious asset I own. The best way to show someone you care about them is to give them some of you time.  I also have to make time for my spouse!

5/25/2017
Ramon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith

Hello All, I keep moving forward even though sometimes the odds are stacked against me. I realize that I create my odds. I must have faith and believe when even I can't see a way out. I have been preparing for a year and a half and I choose to believe that one of the seeds that I have planted will provide me fruit. Unfortunately, I become impatient sometimes and want things to happen quickly, even thought I know it is not wise. I have been frustrated, stress, and yet I still have faith. I know I have given everything but I still have so much more I can give and do to realize my dreams and goals. Struggle is real and so is my faith sometimes. 6/13/2017, Ramon

Vision

Hello all, We all are familiar with vision, in the since of seeing something that will happen in the future. I'm talking about the vision we see when we think about the possibilities in the future. While we at Twinlightenment are creating our vision, we tend to create more ripples, possibilities, or visions for our future. This is probably the second most exciting part of our journey. The most exciting part of the journey is having an idea and bringing something from your mind into physical existence in this world. If you are able to successfully do that, than you can do anything. We have produced two books, 60 songs and have set up our coaching programs and our presence on several social media platforms. Even though we are racing to see the first dollar, I feel like we have already received maximum value through what we have learned and produced on our journey. Good luck, to any of you on realizing your vision on your journey, and if you have time check us out on all of our plat...

Leftover

Hey all, Even though the thought of having leftovers seems to have a negative connotation, for most dishes leftovers seem to taste better in my opinion. Maybe it is because the flavor settled or maybe I didn't appreciate the flavor the first time. I'm starting to look at life that way. How many of us would risk it all to find our authentic selves? Meaning how many would give up our current way of life, the money, cars, and job for a chance to discover ourselves? How many would be satisfied with what is leftover after you get rid of glamour around stuff. It can be difficult to grasp but, we are not our money, we are not the stuff we accumulated, we are not our jobs. We were probably much happier before we accumulated that stuff we thought would enhance our lives and our identity. It took me a while to figure out that none of that stuff truly made me happy. Instead of being happy with myself I wanted what others had. Now, I am on a spiritual journey to help others through m...