Skip to main content

Uncomfortable


7/12/17


Uncomfortable 


I’ve finally hit unfamiliar territory this year. At first, I was super excited. All of my dreams aligned. I traveled to South America with an amazing person, started my own company with my twin and accepted an opportunity to go overseas for a year. My South America trip has recently ended and all that excitement turned into a little fear. That fear was the uneasiness of the sacrifices I would have to make in order to continue to align with my goals. Fast forward to today and this is only my 3rd day of what feels like a never-ending state of being uncomfortable.  I get to travel for 1 whole year to 12 different cities across 4 different continents.  I get to work on creating a company with my brother with few distractions and almost unlimited flexibility.  So I gave up my home because in 3 months I’m out of the country for a year. I gave up my car, because I wouldn’t be able to drive it and why make payments on a car that I can’t drive. I had a hard time giving the car up last week.  I loved that Corvette Stingray. Now I have no car and no home. I’m living with my brother (Ramon) for 3 months in Denver while we get the business up and running.  I have nothing to hang on for comfort it’s liberating but the weirdest feeling in my life because everything is unknown.  We always want to cling on to something familiar. It seems as if I shouldn’t be freaking out because of the opportunities that are on the way. Yet how many people take this leap to give up everything.  As soon as I say that I start to recall that in my life I’ve always taken challenging paths so there is my comfort.  They say if you leave old things behind you are able to experience true growth, we shall see!!




by Rollo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith

Hello All, I keep moving forward even though sometimes the odds are stacked against me. I realize that I create my odds. I must have faith and believe when even I can't see a way out. I have been preparing for a year and a half and I choose to believe that one of the seeds that I have planted will provide me fruit. Unfortunately, I become impatient sometimes and want things to happen quickly, even thought I know it is not wise. I have been frustrated, stress, and yet I still have faith. I know I have given everything but I still have so much more I can give and do to realize my dreams and goals. Struggle is real and so is my faith sometimes. 6/13/2017, Ramon

Vision

Hello all, We all are familiar with vision, in the since of seeing something that will happen in the future. I'm talking about the vision we see when we think about the possibilities in the future. While we at Twinlightenment are creating our vision, we tend to create more ripples, possibilities, or visions for our future. This is probably the second most exciting part of our journey. The most exciting part of the journey is having an idea and bringing something from your mind into physical existence in this world. If you are able to successfully do that, than you can do anything. We have produced two books, 60 songs and have set up our coaching programs and our presence on several social media platforms. Even though we are racing to see the first dollar, I feel like we have already received maximum value through what we have learned and produced on our journey. Good luck, to any of you on realizing your vision on your journey, and if you have time check us out on all of our plat...

Next Hurdle

Hello All, We have already accomplished some of our goals. We have managed to start a business, create a presence on 10+ social platforms, create a website from scratch, obtain coaching certifications, create coaching programs, and write two books. I have also maintained a 4.0 average in college. All of that means nothing if we can't accumulate revenue. As far as I'm concerned revenue comes through the following currencies: money, attention, and time. The only way we sustain our growth is finding ways to jump this hurdle. Our goals are to empower others we didn't set out with money in mind, although we new that we had to eventually find a way to acquire it. We did this because we love to help others and this is something that helps us as much as it helps others. So this has to happen! Fortunately, with the tremendous adversity we have encountered during our life, we have been training to jump hurdles since a very young age. 9/07/17, Ramon Reese