Skip to main content

Unplug

Hello All,

I have been going strong on Social Media since February for 5 to 6 days a week. As much as I love social media and its benefits, I also understand the consequences of not getting away from it from time to time. While I can reach many people by the touch of a button, I can also lose myself with the same touch. Meaning that frequent use of technology can leave me feeling lonely. Take a look at our world, most people can't experience anything without their phone present. We spend more time recording than experiencing things. And since I have children, I want to set the example. I want to eat dinner without someone picking up their phone, I want to enjoy an event without always having to record it. We have conditioned ourselves to be dependent on our digital devices, however, we never fail to recharge our devices but we always neglect to recharge ourselves. I don't want anything controlling my life. So, I must unplug to recharge, re-energize, and regain control of my life. Twinlightenment is going dark for four weeks so that we can see the light. We need to take time from the hyperreal world to experience the natural world.  We encourage you to do the same.  See you in 4 weeks!!!

09/12/17

Ramon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refresh, Reflect, and Refocus

Hello All, I know it has been a while but I had to unplug so that keep my sanity. I am posting so much content on social media that as an introvert (INFJ) I am drained after a few months and need to hibernate to gather energy. What also happens is I get a chance to reflect on my successes and failures. This being my first startup means it is all a big fat failure. Not in the traditional sense like we are led to believe from our education system, I mean it is one big learning experience. Unplugging allows me to re-evaluate everything that I am doing, check in to see if I am in alignment with my goals and company objectives. After refreshing and reflecting, I am finally able to refocus on the task at hand with renewed energy and most importantly, I am able to refocus. 11/8/2017, Ramon Reese

Trusting Myself

Hello All, On this journey there has been highs but mostly lows thus far. The highs, I have learned more things about myself than any other period of my life. I have also experienced tremendous growth during this period. On the other hand,  the lows include not feeling comfortable financially, feeling very alone in my struggle, and not receiving the response I wanted on our platforms. It is during these times that I have to dig deep to remember why I am doing this. I wanted to help contribute my gifts to society in a meaningful way. I utilized my intuition, personality test, skills, interest, and hobbies to determine my direction and career path.  Making my own career was one of the most planned and evaluated choices of my life. The problem is I want certainty and guaranteed success. And when my ideals don't match my hopes I begin to doubt myself. But, how could I expect not to fail when doing something new, I had to work extremely hard for anything else in my life. So I have

Offense

Hello all, I decided to look back at my life and how I have made decisions in my life. I realized that many of the decision I have made have been defensive or made out of fear. For example my former career, although I moved up swiftly through the ranks was chosen initially because I knew I could do it and I needed money fast. Often, my short term decisions were made out of fear and defensively, ultimately turning into decisions I was unhappy about long term. Normally at this time I am solely focused on an external goal like career advancement, a raise, or diet etc, however this year my main focus is on an internal goal. I want to go on the offense this year and make decisions out of love. Love is the only reason I had the courage to chase my dreams. Love is the reason why I have the courage to put myself out their even if I may be ridiculed. And Love will be the reason why I will look back at my life and be satisfied. So I guess my goal is to Love the hell out of this year. 1/02/